Winnipeg’s film industry is ever-growing. The province’s total film production volume reached $210 million between April and December 2018. Productions such as The Assassination of Jesse James were filmed in Winnipeg, Manitoba.
The Winnipeg Camera Trainee Program is currently closed for applications, but please check back to this page for future announcements. In the meantime, check out the website for requirements to get your career in the film industry started.
Make sure you check out our Minimum Requirements section to make sure you qualify to submit your application to ICG 669 once the program opens for applications.
FILM INDUSTRY REALITY CHECK
Make sure you check out our Film Industry Reality Check section to make sure you are fully aware of how demanding the film industry can be as a career.
Complete applications must be compiled in the following order:
- Completed application form;
- Letter of Intent, addressed to the attention of the Trainee Committee;
- Resume must follow this word document format: Resume Template;
- Minimum (3) reference letters;
- Photocopies of the mandatory course certificates (or registered date of courses. Please Note: Applicants who intend to work to in BC must also complete the “Motion Picture Safety 101 - General Safety Awareness (MPGSA)” through Actsafe, as this is mandatory for any individuals working under the BCCFU Master Agreement, and;
- Photocopy of valid driver’s license and proof of vehicle registration and insurance.
CAMERA TRAINEE PROGRAM TIMELINE
Please see our Timeline of Application page on how long a typical application process is.
- Set Orientation, Safety Awareness and WHMIS ($140 bundle price)
Offered through Film Training Manitoba. All offered separately or as a bundle: http://www.filmtraining.mb.ca/training/workshop-training/online-courses/
- WHMIS (Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System) - ($30)
This course is a federal requirement for the film industry, and is available online at http://www.virtualwhmis.com/ or at https://www.actsafe.ca/courses-certifications/
If you have questions regarding the Winnipeg Camera Trainee Program, or would like to discuss your application, please schedule an appointment with Kat Yee by email (email@example.com) or phone (778-330-1674).