Requirements to Apply
What Are the Minimum Requirements to Apply?
Trainee program applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid unrestricted driver’s license;
- Have access to a reliable vehicle at all times;
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada, and reside within Western Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut). We do not offer immigration support at this time;
- You must be 19 years-old or older;
- All the mandatory courses required to be on set as a trainee (proof of enrollment may be included);
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent;
- Have 3 reference letters vouching for your character and suitability for the program;
- Have 30 days of on-set experience, paid or volunteer work (camera department experience ideal. Experience can be acquired on projects such as music videos, commercials, independent features, and television series)
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and willingness to learn, and;
- Committed to be a member in the film industry. This means long hours, multiple days working, remote location work for weeks at a time, amongst other things. Please check our Film Reality Check page for more information on this.