The International Cinematographers Guild, Local 669 is seeking a professional to join our team as full-time Reception & Administration.
The Reception & Administration role is often the first contact of the union, and provides support to its members and staff. This role requires a team player with keen attention to detail, the ability to work independently, and strong organizational skills. Please see the job description for a list of duties and responsibilities.
- Proficiency in Adobe Acrobat, Office, and Mac OS
- Familiarity with the film industry and databases (FileMaker) is an asset
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact under pressure
- Self-directed individual with exceptional attention to detail and time management skills
- Strong written and verbal communications; the ability to compose correspondence, reports, and other material using clear, concise language
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Greet members and guests, direct to appropriate personnel
- Provide general information to applicants and members about joining requirements and membership statuses
- Answer the main phone line and general email account
- Maintain a clean and tidy office, including the reception area, copy room, and shared space
- Save call sheets, deal memos, time sheets, and invoices on a daily basis
- Process phone payments, post to database; enter online payments
- Book, modify and cancel hotels, flights, and vehicle rentals
- Order office supplies
- Collect and distribute mail daily, process outgoing shipments as required
- Retrieve quotes for office equipment and services, contact utilities when repairs are needed
- Arrange gifts and/or cards for members and industry partners
- Review and organize files on server
- Create tutorials for general tasks and processes
- Provide administrative support to the Elections and Balloting Committees for yearly election
- Assist the Scholarship Committee with administering the annual Scholarship program
- Organize the annual holiday parties and other union events as they arise
- Cross train with Membership Services and Assistant Business Agent for vacation relief
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (40 hours/week)
Office location: 217-3823 Henning Drive, Burnaby, BC
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Please note this is a unionized position. A health benefits and RRSP package is included following the completion of a 3-month probationary period.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Application for Reception & Administration” as the subject line.
No phone calls, please. We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Deadline for applications is Monday, February 19, 2024.
Established in 1990 with 145 members, the International Cinematographers Guild, Local 669 of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees and Moving Pictures, has grown to represent over 1,100 Camerapersons, Digital Imaging Technicians, Video Assists, UAV Drone Aerial Camerapersons, Still Photographers and Publicists across Western Canada.
ICG 669 is proud to represent skilled and talented individuals, including award winning and internationally recognized photographers and cinematographers, working in film and television industry. For more information visit www.icg669.com.