Welcome to the 10th Annual Reel Thanks Challenge! Thank you for being part of the BC Film and Television Community’s FUNdraising event to support the Greater Vancouver Food Bank—and a special thanks to our many sponsors! In the last 9 years, we have raised over $1,486,600. This year, we aim to raise $300,000 more!
Productions are encouraged to get creative with their fundraising in order to win this year’s challenge. To get you started, we have put together some tips for having a successful REEL Thanks FUNdraiser. Just a friendly strategic reminder… the daily challenges are from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm – your totals for the purposes of winning the daily challenge are only calculated during those times.
Here is some key information to help make this a success for you and the Food Bank:
- Check out our website – www.reelthanks.com
- Follow us on Twitter and Instagram: @reelthanks #ReelThanks22
- Tax Receipts – Available for all online donations.
- Keep it simple – Use the website URLs to make all monetary donations and avoid cash donations
REEL Thanks challenge supports the Greater Vancouver Food Bank’s transition to fundraising drives and is proud to officially be a 100% online event. Learn why here: foodbank.bc.ca/ways-to-give/donate-food/food-drive/
The challenge ends at 5:00 pm on Friday, October 7!
- A Million Little Things: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/millionlittlethings
- Alaska Daily: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/alaskadailyseason1
- Career Opportunities in Murder & Mayhem: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/murdermayhem
- Fire Country: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/firecountyseason1
- Kung Fu: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/kungfuseason3
- Luddwig: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/luddwig
- Nancy Drew: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/nancydrewseason5
- So Help Me Todd: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/sohelpmetodd
- Straight Man: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/straightman
- Superman & Lois: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/supermanlois
- The Flash: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/flashseason9
- The Good Doctor: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/gooddoctorseason6
- The Never Game: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/thenevergame
- The Spiderwick Chronicles: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/spiderwick
- Virgin River: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/virginriverseason5
- When Calls the Heart: https://reelthanks.foodbank.bc.ca/fundraiser/whencallstheheartseason10
The Greater Vancouver Food Bank is also offering T-Shirts to those who may be interested. Please note that while the funds from the sale of the t-shirts support the GVFB, they will not count toward the REEL Thanks Challenge total.
To purchase a t-shirt, or t-shirts for your team follow these steps below:
- Go to https://shop.foodbank.bc.ca/products/limited-edition-reel-thanks-10th-year-anniversary-t-shirt
- Choose the sizes and quantities you’d like
- Choose Shipping as your pick-up option and proceed to checkout
- Put your production’s name as the Company name, and the production’s address as the Shipping Address.
- Click on Continue To Shipping, and use the discount code REELTHANKS to get free shipping
- Proceed to pay for your order.
If you need to make multiple purchases, that is okay! We will put all the orders for the same team together. Once the order is ready for pick up, Larissa at the DGC BC will contact the team captain to organize a pick up from the DGCBC office at 278 – 2985 Virtual Way, Vancouver, BC.
Packing slips will be included with the t-shirts, and the production team will be responsible for distributing the t-shirts based on the packing slips accordingly.
If you have any questions about your order payment, please contact Jodie Ou at [email protected] or 778-387-2666. If you have any questions about the pick-up, please contact Larissa LaFrance at [email protected]
To see the current standings and progress click here.