UNIT PUBLICISTS ARE THE ON-SITE MEDIA SPOKESPERSONS AND PUBLICITY-MARKETING LIAISONS FOR FEATURE FILM AND TELEVISION PROJECTS IN PRODUCTION.
They work closely with content creators to help develop, organize and produce promotional materials as well as execute publicity activities, providing early branding and recognition for a project. The main focus of Unit Publicists is to generate valuable media and marketing assets during principal photography — opportunities that simply cannot be re-created once production wraps.
Unit Publicists are the eyes and ears on set liaising with studios, networks, distributors, streaming services, filmmakers and cast, to create the materials required to promote their feature film and television productions. They are poised to interact with a wide range of individuals on and off set during the course of production with a big picture view of the project and of stakeholder needs.
The deliverables vary from project to project, but the core essentials include:
- Writing press releases, press kit materials, talking points, production notes, Q&A’s and other promotional materials as requested
- Organize, supervise and execute all press activities during production including media outreach, junkets and media tours
- Schedule and coordinate still photography date, video and online shoots including on-set interviews for EPK/BTS materials
- Alongside the producer/studio/broadcaster/distributor schedule and coordinate the gallery shoot
- Review, select and ID thousands of images per project, and obtain talent approvals as necessary
Content creators | Storytellers | Collaborators | Communicators | Wranglers | Event planners and so much more…Unit Publicists fulfill an invaluable role on any Production crew. They are your best allies to bring to fruition the priority marketing and publicity materials during principal photography.