WHAT ARE THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY?
Trainee program applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Possess a valid driver’s license;
- Own or have access to a reliable vehicle at all times;
- You must be legally entitled to work in Canada, and/or be a permanent resident and reside within Western Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, Yukon, Northwest Territories, and Nunavut). We do not offer immigration support at this time;
- You must be 19 years-old or older;
- All the mandatory courses required to be on set as a trainee (proof of enrollment may be included);
- Completion of Grade 12 or GED equivalent;
- Have 30 days of on-set experience, paid or volunteer work (camera department experience ideal. Experience can be acquired on projects such as music videos, commercials, independent features, and television series)
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team and willingness to learn, and;
- Committed to be a member in the film industry. This means long hours, multiple days working, remote location work for weeks at a time, amongst other things. Please check our Film Reality Check page for more information on this.