The International Cinematographers Guild, Local 669 is seeking a professional to join our team as a Training Coordinator.
The Training Coordinator is the Union’s representative and point person for all membership training. This individual is the primary coordinator for members seeking further support and opportunities to expand upon their skill set in the camera/publicity department. This person will organize workshops and oversee all training through ICG 669.
The Training Coordinator may also attend any training related conferences, events, and meetings on behalf of the Union, virtually or in person, throughout North America.
- Is overseen by, and reports to both the ICG 669 Business Agent and the ICG 669 Executive Board. Works in close cooperation with the ICG 669 staff
- Facilitates member training
- Prepares budgets and sets training fees accordingly
- Liaises with members
- Liaises with IATSE Locals 891, 212, 856, DGC, Teamsters, and UBCP and other camera, publicity, and film organizations across Canada
- Assist MALs and Business Agent with new initiatives and events
A full job description can be viewed here.
- Familiarity with the film industry in Western Canada is an asset, including film organizations and unions outside of ICG 669
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating projects, workshops and/or training
- Excellent interpersonal and client service skills, with the ability to communicate with diplomacy and tact
- Exceptional attention to detail, time-management skills, and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Strong written and verbal communications; the ability to compose correspondence, reports, and other written material using clear, concise language
- Ability to work independently and as part of a small, tightly knit team; self-motivated
- Ability to effectively use online meeting and webinar applications (e.g. Zoom, Microsoft Teams) and have knowledge of Adobe Suite, MS Office (e.g. Outlook, Word, Excel), and database programs (e.g. Filemaker)
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle; ability and willingness to travel throughout Western Canada. Valid passport and ID as needed
- Willingness to work a shifted work week, which includes weekends and/or evenings as needed to oversee the success of workshops and training events
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (40 hours/week), weekends and evenings as required for workshops & training
Office location: 217-3823 Henning Drive, Burnaby, BC
Remuneration: Starting hourly wage $29.45 - negotiable based on experience
Travel: Some travel will be required for workshops and/or training. Jurisdiction represents Western Canada (BC, AB, SK, MB, YT and NWT).
Anticipated start date: May or June 2021
Please note this is a unionized position. A comprehensive benefits package is included following the completion of a 3-month probationary period.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Training Coordinator” as the subject line.
Deadline for applications is May 2nd, 2021.