The International Cinematographers Guild, Local 669 is looking for a professional to join our team as our Safety Coordinator.
The Safety Coordinator is the Union’s representative for all matters pertaining to health and safety. This individual is the primary investigator and main point of contact for members seeking health and safety support on set and attends safety conferences and meetings on behalf of the Union. The Safety Coordinator organizes and manages the Shop Steward program and provides support to Shop Stewards on set.
- Responsible for the safety of our 1000+ members across Western Canada (with the majority in BC), including investigating complaints and accidents, creating safety initiatives, administering the Shop Steward program, and research pertaining to health and safety
- Represents the Union in safety-related film committees and attends meetings, seminars, and conferences on behalf of ICG 669
- Works closely with a small office team and liaises with our Business Agent, other unions and film organizations, and our members to provide guidance on safety matters
- Creates budgets, books instructors (negotiates terms), and oversees the execution for all Shop Steward courses
A full job description can be viewed here.
- 3+ years’ experience in an active OH&S Steward, labour relations officer, safety professional, or other comparable position(s)
- Excellent interpersonal, organization, and communication skills
- Computer literacy in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, and Excel), Adobe Acrobat, and Mac operating system. Familiarity with database software is an asset but not required
- Certification in First Aid and Mental Health First Aid preferred but not required
- Knowledgeable of health and safety legislation across Western Canada
- Ability to work in a team and adapt to a rapidly changing environment
- Valid driver’s license and reliable vehicle
- Familiarity with the film industry in Western Canada is an asset but not required
Hours: Monday to Friday, 9 am to 5 pm (40 hours/week), occasional weekends
Location: 217-3823 Henning Drive, Burnaby, BC
Remuneration: $30/hour, negotiable based on experience
Travel: Some travel will be required (set visits & meetings)
Anticipated start date: As soon as possible
Please note this is a unionized position. A comprehensive benefits package is included following the completion of a 3-month probationary period.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Application for Safety Coordinator” as the subject line. Please list any medical and safety certifications with applicable completion and expiry dates.
Deadline for application is Monday, July 13, 2020 at 5:00 pm.