The Expo presents a rare point of access to the people, organizations and companies that make the Motion Picture and Digital Media Industries tick. This forum provides students with the opportunity to connect with established professionals, leading companies and industry educators. Explore career pathways through People & Skills, Infrastructure, Visual Effects, Animation & Post Production – the many strengths that make British Columbia a world renowned, innovative, premier centre for screen production.
When: Monday October 29th, 10 am to 3 pm
Where: VanCity Theatre, 1181 Seymour Street, Vancouver
To get a glimpse of the experience your students will have, check out this video from a capsule presented in Victoria.
In addition to the interactive Career Pathways Showcase, the Expo hosts an ‘Industry Insiders’ series of discussion sessions where those ‘in the know’ share their stories and career paths. Veteran broadcaster Perry Solkowski will host Insiders such as:
- Jennifer McCarron, CEO of Thunderbird Companies & President of Atomic Cartoons
- Drew Locke, Production Manager & Producer
- Brenda Bailey, Executive Director DigiBC & Video Game Executive
- Ryan Pollreisz, VP of Artist Management, Sony Imageworks
- Maja Aro, Stunts, Actor and Filmmaker
Questions? Please contact: Kirsten@kmpr.ca or (604) 618-3572.
See you there!