This introductory or ‘fundamentals’ Occupational Health and Safety course will introduce new committee members to the basic principles of workplace health and safety. This course also serves as a great ‘Back to Basics’ course for those OH&S Committee members who desire refresher training.
- Learn the legal responsibilities, duties and functions of the Joint OH&S Committee and Worker Representatives
- Learn about health and safety legislation (Provincial & Federal), workplace parties’ rights & responsibilities including the Right to Refuse unsafe work.
- Indicate key elements of having an effective committee and the process of evaluation.
- Identify the legal requirements of workplace Inspections and Investigations.
- Understand how to conduct effective workplace inspections.
- Learn about principles of workplace assessment and control strategies.
- Understand how to conduct New Worker Orientation
- Tea and coffee will be provided
- Please bring your own water bottle and coffee traveller mug
- Lunch will not be provided, so please bring your own
- There is a fridge available
- Blackfoot Hotel and Tim Hortons are within walking distance
- Wendy's is within driving distance
- If you have any questions on the day of training please contact AIP directly at:
T. 403.202.2477 | E. email@example.com