Developed in partnership between Creative BC, MPPIA, and industry labour organizations, the Motion Picture Industry Orientation course is a comprehensive, mandatory course that provides you with the information you need to know before working on a film set.
Topics include growth and trends in the BC motion picture industry, the collaborative nature of the industry, demands and challenges of working in film, on-set protocols and language, film job classifications and descriptions, reading and understanding a call sheet, importance of interpersonal skills, on-set safety considerations and best practices.
- This is the classroom portion of the course. There is an online test that you will need to complete after you have attended the classroom training. Details will be provided in class.
- You do not need to bring anything, however, you may like to bring a notebook or laptop to take notes
- You will receive a reminder email approximately two days before your course begins
- Click here for information on refunds and rescheduling.
Please note that certificates are issued by Actsafe. A printable, digital copy of your certificate will be issued upon completion of the online exam.
- October 15-16: 9:30 am – 5:30 pm
- November 5-6: 9 am – 1 pm
- November 26-27: 9 am – 1 pm
- December 13-14: 6 pm – 10 pm
Register by clicking here.