ICG 669 Shop Steward Resources
Becoming an ICG 669 Shop Steward:
1. Individuals interested in becoming an ICG 669 Shop Steward and to get paid must attend the three (3) required ICG 669 Workshops:
- Shop Steward Workshop
- Occupational Health & Safety 1 Training
- Respectful Workplace Workshop
2. Any Individual interested in becoming the Shop Steward must poll the camera department to:
- See if there are other individuals interested in the role of Shop Steward
- To ensure the camera crew is comfortable with the Shop Steward Nominees
3. Once the camera crew has been polled and the crew feel comfortable with the individuals interested in becoming Shop Steward, then an email request should be sent the Professional Development | Safety Representative at the ICG 669 office with the list of individuals nominated as Shop Steward for that production.
4. The Professional Development | Safety Representative will submit the request to the Shop Steward Committee for review and approval.
5. If there is more than one approved Shop Steward for a production, then the camera department must conduct a vote.
6. Once the Shop Steward is approved the Professional Development | Safety Representative will send an official letter to the individual, the production and (if production is in BC and signed with the Joint Council) the BCCFU.
7. The individual will then be sent a Shop Steward Letter of Agreement to be signed and sent back to the Professional Development | Safety Representative at email@example.com
8. Shop Stewards are eligible for $10 flat rate per day, but only after the ICG 669 Shop Steward Letter of Agreement has been signed and countersigned and all three (3) training courses have been completed.
Procedure for dues reimbursement
In order to receive the $10 flat rate per day:
1. ICG 669 Shop Steward Letter of Agreement must be signed by both the Shop Steward and Steward Representative in the ICG 669 Office.
2. Shop Stewards are required to complete a Shop Steward Time Report
at the end of the production and include pay stubs showing days worked to the Controller at the ICG 669 office no later than 30 days
from show wrap or Shop Stewards could forfeit their right to reimbursement of Shop Steward payment.
3. Shop Steward payments will be processed quarterly.
ICG 669 Resources:
Occupational Health & Safety Regulations:
Workers Compensation Boards:
IATSE SAFETY APP
The IATSE Safety App is an information reference and hazard reporting tool for IATSE members, and provides important safety information, such as safety hotline telephone numbers, industry-specific safety bulletins and articles, and a form for reporting hazards encountered on the worksite.
Download IATSE Safety App for iOS
Download IATSE Safety App for Android
IATSE SAFETY HOTLINE